Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall Sports

To me it seems like in the blink of an eye it was over. Our Fall sports season. Boy was it a busy one - just the way we like it around the Lewis household. We started out at the end of the Summer with a very small break (2 weeks) between baseball and football and between soccer and soccer. Matt promised that he wouldn't coach football this year -- he did. I promised that I wouldn't get all stressed out when I had to attend 3 soccer games in one day -- I did. With the exception of those broken promises, our fall sports season turned out to be a great one.

Kate played her first season on an Impact competition team this Fall. She had been training all Summer with her team but started playing games in the Fall. While the team improved leaps and bounds over the season they had a hard time actually winning games. That didn't seem to faze Katie much though, she just loves to be with her team. She has had a nice 4 week break but now starts up Winter futsal this week.

Jake is playing in the Joga Soccer Academy. He decided a long time ago that he wanted to stay with soccer this Fall and not play tackle football. I though he would change his mind when his friends started to play but he didn't and boy am I glad for that decision. He loved it! Jake is a great little soccer player and I love to watch him. Of all my kids he has the best sense for the ball. He is incredibly fast, can win almost every ball and is a key player on his team. It was a good season for Joga U9 -- I think they ended up tied for 1st place. Pretty good for a start up team. Jake had a 1 week break and has already started winter futsal training and starts basketball next week.

Claire decided at the last minute (or maybe I should say caved to her father's pressure) to play soccer this fall. She had a rocky start because she was put on a team where she only knew one other player (that was even a lucky break). After a few weeks she warmed up to the team and ended up making a bunch of new friends. Claire is a tough defender and one of the best out there. Her soccer academy training from last year really paid off. To Claire's great delight, she has a 4 month break before starting soccer in the Spring.

Now for our champions Matt and Matthew. Matthew's football team just won the championship game yesterday. It was a fantastic season for the team and for Matthew. He is really getting the game now. He is agressive and skilled and got to play a lot of fun positions on both sides of the ball. In the beginning I was a little upset that Matt ended up coaching football this year but in the end it turned out to be a great decision. I think he really enjoyed the team and spending time with Matthew. Matt and Matthew now have less than one week before basketball starts.

Here are some pictures from the season. (Regrettably, I didn't take any of Claire - it seems like when I took my camera something happened and I had to leave the game - Sorry Claire)

Kate Battling for the Ball

Kate

Big Smiles

Jake - Intense!

Going for the score.

I love the tongue sticking out.

Matthew with the sweep.

One of his touchdown passes.

The Champs.


2 comments:

Marti said...

You guys are incredible! I don't know how you do it all.

Unknown said...

Great job with all the sports. I'm impressed that you guys are able to make it to everything that you do. (Is that Santa folding a red blanket in the background of Matthew's chapionship picture?)