The Pool and Cabanas with the sea beyond. The pool is empty because the water is FREEZING. Or so the kid say because I wouldn't even put a toe in. I guess it warms up as the year progresses.
The building next to our rooms. Here is where we had fun watching the "Mexican Crane" where 5 or 6 guys would hold onto a very long rope and run as fast and as far away from the building to hoist something heavy up to the top. It was very entertaining.
Kate with Miss L. just after they got their braids done - one of the highlights of the trip. Claire got hers done too (see picture above).
This was by far the favorite activity for the kids during the whole week. They probably spent 4 or 5 hours a day digging various holes and building various forts out of sand. It was great!
This was the #2 activity for the kids. When they were tired of digging they would come in to play the Wii.
Here is SanderDam. One of their favorite sand holes. Sadly it was ruined soon after creation by some Mexican hooligans.
Matt and Mr. J. took some of the boys out deep sea fishing which was fun. I believe they caught a lot of fish and enjoyed their morning on the boat. Here is Mr. T on the boat.
Ahh Ms. P. My friend and tennis partner. We had a great time fighting the wind and crappy tennis courts to play. It was good to be playing with her again.
The girls braving the cold water for a pose.
Most of the kids. Boy did they have fun. We had 9 kids agges 12 and under and unbelievably not many fights or arguments. They were wonderful!
Our little family on our way home. This is in Organ Pipe Cactus National Forest in Arizona. It is really cool if you can overlook all the boarder patrol roaming around.
to this...
In 16 hours. We experienced every kind of weather imaginable but we eventually made it safely. Actually the snow and sleet made me extra grateful to have had time in the Mexican sun with our good friends. Thank you guys for the great vacation!
3 comments:
I love when I have an update from you in my google reader. Your and Marti's blogs are the only links to my people.
Glad you had a good time. I would have loved to see the mexican crane in action. Sounds awesome!!
Oh my word that looks like my kind of paradise! How fun! Love the braids and the pic of Matt with that drink...made me want one! Miss you guys!
As if I weren't jealous before I saw the pictures....
Post a Comment