Today was Matt's birthday. Matt is the best Dad. Matt is a fabulous husband. Matt is always fun to be around. We are lucky to have Matt. Happy Birthday!
It is a beautiful day golfing until Matt hits a long drive into the trees. Jake looks at him and says, "way to chop some lumber Dad".
Jake to Dad after Claire stormed out of the room because she thought something wasn't fair: "Claire only cares about two things. Air pollution and fairness."
Matthew to Dad: "I've got ears like a hawk!"
Kate to Mom after a few minutes of listening to NPR in the car. "Mom, can we change the station? All this talking gives me a headache."
Jake to Mom totally out of the blue with a HUGE smile on his face..."I don't like shrimp but I like cherries"
After Dad told the four kids they had 5 minutes to finish folding laundry, Claire said: "Dad, there is no way we can do it in 5 minutes." Dad replied, "You can too. There are 4 of you. I could do it all myself in 5 minutes." Claire's retort: "Yeah, but we are kids and we don't like to work."
Jake to Mom, while touching her not-recently shaved leg: "Mom, your leg feels like thorns."
Matthew to Dad. "Your breath stinks. It smells like blue cheese -- or did I just fart?"
Claire to Dad, while Dad is cleaning out the wheelbarrow, which was full of stinky, stagnated water: "Dad, you know what would be great? If they made wheelbarrow freshener."
Claire, when discussing where to eat dinner: "Mom, I really want the 'F-word.'" Amanda (alarmed): "What?" Claire: "You know, 'fries.'"
Matthew: "Dad, did you know that a sprain is worse than a break? ... Unless you break your nuts."
Dad: "Kate, why don't you like jeans? Jeans are the most comfortable pants on Earth." Kate: "No, jazz pants are the most comfortable pants on Earth." Dad: "I stand corrected."
Dad, while walking kids to school their first week: "What could be better than walking kids to school on this beautiful, cool morning?" Kate: "Lagoon. Lagoon would be better." Dad: "No way. This is better." Claire: "Nope. Lagoon. Lagoon would definitely be better."
1 comment:
Happy Happy Birthday to my old friend Matt!!! Miss you guys terribly!
Post a Comment