Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vegas

We went down to Vegas for a long weekend with our friends John-david and Jen Brewer and Brian and Angie Randle. The weather didn't fully cooperate, but we had fun. Bananagrams was the game of the trip. We spiced it up by giving points for the longest and most interesting words.

Amanda and I lost to Bri and JD at tennis. The highlight was when I served the ball over the fence and into a neighboring tree, which sent birds flying.

We saw two great shows -- Cirque de Soleil "Ka" and Jersey Boys. We had some great food too. I was thinking that it would be fun to live in Vegas, until I started thinking about what it would be like to raise teenagers there with all those temptations on the front door.

Brian, Angie, Matt, and Amanda at the Venetian.

A living statuary fountain at the Venetian. These women were painted and dressed like statues and were moving to music while water squirted from their fingertips. Only in Vegas.
Decorations at the Venetian.
Amanda and Matt waiting for Ka to start.
Amanda and Angie.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I can't believe Vegas was that long ago! We had a great time... and I fully intend to make a Brewer/Randle/Lewis trip an annual affair.