Well I am happy to say that the white floor tile is no longer! It is gone!!! Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the color white or white tile as long as it is not in my house. I am a horrible housekeeper and I absolutely can't (or won't) clean as much as needed to keep it looking nice.
As for the kitchen remodel, it is going strong. We are living in total chaos. There is dust all over the house from the tile removal (thank you Ric who loaned us his awesome pneumatic chisel), half of our kitchen is inside (the sink and microwave) and the other half outside (the table and refrigerator). We are making progress though, the rebuilt island is finished, the arched doorway is almost done, the countertops will be installed next week, and the cabinet and wall painting will start soon. After all that then the floors will go in and then we will be done! I have always said that I can do anything as long as I know it will end. Even though a kitchen remodel is not fun and is hard on everyone, it will end eventually.
Goodbye white tile, I will not miss you! Here are some photos.
Tile half gone. The rocks half way down the photo is busted up cement. It was 3"deep under the tile.

The tile is gone!

The enlarged island. It will be painted black and it will have a seating area at the end. I'm excited about that.

The enlarged doorway waiting for the arch to be built.

Our dining room table out on the patio. We are luck to have had good weather lately.
Kate standing by our new refrigerator on the patio. It is full so anyone that wants some string cheese, mustard, or ice cream -- come on by.
3 comments:
I didn't even know you were doing this! Please post pictures as it progresses! Looks like it will be fabulous!
See these are the reasons I am so glad you have a blog now!!! :)
It's going to look so great!
I LOVE Kate's campfire. :)
You are going to need a message after that tile removal. No one can say that Amanda is a whimp!!! Can't wait to see it. Why haven't I seen it??? So close, but so far away.
ANdrea
Post a Comment