Thursday, July 31, 2008

bye bye tonsils (beware of semi-gross picture)

Tomorrow all four kids are having their tonsils removed. They were lucky enough to receive the large tonsil gene from Matt. Below is a picture of Jake's tonsils. They are a size 4 on a scale of 1-4. That's big. The triplets' are almost as big as his.

This will be their first surgery so it will be interesting to see how they do. Hopefully they will be quick healers but the doctor says that they will have to stay down for 5 days. During that time they will get to eat fun stuff (popsicles, shakes, jell-o, etc.) to their hearts content. I am sure they will survive but will I?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh Amanda - I forgot this was happening tomorrow. Good luck surviving the next week. I'll be thinking of all six of you...

Marti said...

All 4 kids?! Are you crazy? Good luck! Let me know if you need ANYTHING! Maybe we could come bring some ice cream and watch a movie.

Anne said...

I hope it all went well. I remember eating strawberry ice cream after I got mine out. Good times. It almost seemed like a luxury to eat frozen treats all day every day while recovering.